We have as our guest Mark David Gerson, author of The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write, The Voice of the Muse Companion: Guided Meditations for Writers and The MoonQuest (The Q’ntana Trilogy, Part 1)… All by this talented writer, he is a screenwriter, award-winning author and creator of The Q’ntana Trilogy of fantasy novels and films. The MoonQuest: A True Fantasy, the first book in the trilogy, has won multiple national, regional awards and will soon be a feature film produced by Anvil Springs Entertainment of Los Angeles and Albuquerque, will be in theaters in 2014.
We talked to Mark David…
- How do you write your book as a movie?
- His characters and the stories talk through him.
- Mark David lets the story be in charge, he lets it grow and he allows it to tell him the best way to write.
- How rewriting and reworking the story is the true craft of a author.
- Screen writing is for a visual media, motion pictures, how do you writer that, how do you change gears?
- Karen Vaughn from the chatroom asked, “What had to be change or left out of your wonderful story to make it into a movie script?”
We then left the LIVE Broadcast and started the recorded part that the listeners have to go to the archives to hear. I liken this to the DVD extras for my shows.
A. T., Liz, Mark David and I talked…
- How do you take a story and make sure it fits into a 90 minute movie?
- from Mark David’s rules for writing, “Trust the voice of your Muse without judgment or censorship.”
- How does it feel to have your book optioned to be a movie, what goes through your mind at that news?
If we only had more time to talk… there’s always next week.
You can hear our show in archives here at:
or right here on this blog.